Ladies and gentleman… I am finally posting something new! Can you believe it?? I can hardly believe I made time to write a post. Thank goodness for being able to write a post and schedule publishing it!! Anyway, on to the post.
It is time for the spring edition of the younghouselove and Bower Power Pinterest challenge. I have missed the last couple of these, but not this time! I told you I had been working on things, hadn’t I? Well here is a little project that I put together for Hannah’s room. I had repined this a while back, only to realize that the pin was a dud when I went to go to the actual post it should have linked to. So I spent some time recently scouring for the original post to no avail. I decided I really wanted to make it, so I just winged it. No tutorial, just looked at the pic and went for it. Then, one day while I was doing some Google research for some more art inspiration I came across it!! Woot! There is the back story, once again, on to the post!
Here is my pin:
A canvas painted and embroidered. So cute, right?!
Now for my version of it. I chose to leave the canvas white (you will see why when I post about the grouping of art I did on the walls with this) and go for an ombre effect.
It was really simple and quick. Funny part of it is that I ended up punching holes in the canvas as well, since I couldn’t see the lines I was following from underneath the canvas. I just used the needle I was embroidering with. After reading Sandy’s post, I realized that her tute called for the same. I didn’t measure any of my stitches either, just eyed it.
I’m not going to bore you with a tutorial, Sandy offered a great one. I will explain how I did my stitching though. It was very simple. I brought the needle up through the canvas at the beginning of the L and brought it back through in the next hole. Here is where I did things a little differently – I then came back up in the next hole and brought the thread down through the end of the previous stitch. I was afraid at first that the canvas wouldn’t handle it and would rip, but that didn’t happen and I was very gentle with it.
I wasn’t able to cover all of the “”template” I made with a pencil, so I attempted to cover it with some white acrylic paint. In hindsight, that wasn’t a great idea since the paint is so white and the canvas is a bit off white. I am going to try a few things to soften how white the paint is, I don’t think it will be difficult to correct.
I love how it turned out and I am dying to make another one. Maybe next time I will find a pattern to follow. Ohh… my mind is already running with this one, lol, off to write this stuff down before I forget!
If you joined in, don’t forget to link up on these awesome blogs!! And leave a comment here with a link to your project, I would love to see what you did! I am sure that I am going to spending some time checking out all the neat projects!